1. What is your best memory of camp?
Discovering Ableton Live when I was a camper back in 2011! Totally changed my life.2. What is the most valuable lesson learned at camp?
2. What is the most valuable lesson learned at camp?
Networking is up there for sure. The amount of connections & friends you make through camp is really astounding!
3. Describe a moment at camp that inspired you or an “ah ha moment.”
Every time I have the opportunity to work with other musicians, DJs or students I feel inspired. I really think you gain a different perspective through collaboration. There so many possibilities when creating art, everybody has something unique to bring to the table.
4. What is your favorite camp activity, workshop, guest speaker or class and why?
I think I’m a bit bias on this one haha. The production class is definitely my favorite, it’s the only one I ever see much of. Although I remember as a camper I was really keen on scratch class!
5. What triggers throughout the year remind you of the kids from Camp Spin Off?
Usually hearing a song that was ‘hot’ while everyone was at camp. There seems to be that one song that everyone’s digging at the time haha.
6. Give a “pro tip” to any first time campers attending Camp Spin Off this summer.
You’ll probably hear this over & over again but for good reason – Ask Questions! Camp Spin Off is potentially life-changing, more times than not actually.
7. What motivates you the most to volunteer your time at Camp Spin Off?
Seeing old friends & meeting new ones. It’s always a blast!
8. What are your future goals or new projects on the way as a musician?
I have some plans regarding Sound Art that I’ll be perusing in Seattle. I don’t want to give too much away but I’m very excited about them!
9. When did you realize that you wanted to be a DJ?
The first time I remember wanting to get involved in djing & production was after an Australian friend of mine introduced me to electronic music. (In particular, The Bloody Beetroots & MSTRKRFT) Before that alt rock was my music of choice, I played bass guitar briefly in middle school.
10. What are some must have items for camp?
Sunscreen, an old pair of shoes, swimsuit – those are the first that come to mind.
11. If you could bring any DJ with you who would it be and why?
Hmm, Chris Lake has been influencing some of my productions recently, maybe him haha.
12. What are your top 3 favorite songs?
This will probably be different by the time camp comes around but as of now – Shigeto – Miss U / Simon & Garfunkel – Leaves That Are Green / Aphex Twin – Film
13.Where can we find you on social media?